Thursday, June 25, 2009

Two Words....Michael Jackson


June 25th, Two Thousand and Nine. I never met Michael Jackson, nor have I ever seen him in person. Yet in still I intimately knew Michael, the man, the myth and undoubtebly the music. Honestly, today I felt as though my favorite uncle kicked the bucket. When you sell over 750 million albums worldwide, you become more than a musician. Michael Jackson was indeed iconic.
The first music video I ever saw was Thriller. When you say, think or hear the word Thriller, you instantaneously think of MJ. The video was unprecedented, the song was epic and the album was unspeakably amazing. Michael's many accomplishments and accolades have been well documented on this day and throughout the years. Black, White, Asian, Arab, Hispanic....we all loved Michael and this loss is a great one. Never has there been anyone who has been so widely mourned and I anticipate that never again will there be.
Say what you want about Michael as a person and the enigma that he was, but his talent was, is and will always be undeniable. It sickens me to my stomach to be without him. His music will live on forever and has transcended race, gender, ethnicity and even generation. Although The King of Pop is gone, he truly will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment